Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Updates!

I am really bad at this whole blogging thing, good thing I only have a few readers (and I appreciate all of you!)

A week or so ago I made some caramel apples (sadly not with the apples we picked) and they were delicious! It was my first attempt at making caramel and I think it was quite successful, so successful I didn't get any pictures. Boyfriend thought the caramel was a little too buttery but I think it went very well with tart granny smith apples. Although,  I will admit that if I was making caramel for the sake of caramel I would reduce the amount of butter I used.

We are coming up on Thanksgiving (one week! eek) which also means I am getting very close, scary close to finals. BUT that also means that the new Harry Potter movie comes out soon! I am debating dressing up for the midnight showing (yes I am going to the midnight show, yes with a group of law students, don't judge).

Thanksgiving also signals the beginning of specialty food. It also signals the beginning of my stress eating. Boyfriend swears by the white fudge covered oreos. I can't get behind those but the gingerbread graham crackers are calling my name.

I will be heading over to my parents to help with Thanksgiving dinner and will try to get some good pictures and recipes. I attempted my first turkey two years ago and it was beautiful if I do say so myself! Granted it looks a little burnt but that just all the buttery goodness.


More later (with pictures, promise)!

No comments:

Post a Comment