Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Desire: The Weekend

This week has already been insane. Yes I know it is only Tuesday but once and a while Tuesday seems like Thursday and all you can think about is the weekend. It is definitely one of those weeks.
Last Sunday Boyfriend and I decided it was a pancake kind of a day. I made strawberry pancakes for him.


And whole-wheat banana pancakes for myself. My bananas were pretty ripe so I ended up mixing the mashed banana into the batter. Both versions were delicious topped with warm maple syrup. Boyfriend is from Massachusetts and takes syrup very seriously. He grew up across the street from a maple-sugaring shack. 


Syrup with fillers or additives is expressly forbidden in our house. His sister brought us this bottle earlier in the year.


Several years ago I started seeing frozen pancakes nestled next to the Eggos on store shelves. While these are good, everyone knows they are not as good as homemade pancakes. I like to make a big batch of pancakes, cool them, wrap them in plastic wrap and then freeze them. 


They heat up really well in the toaster (although I have only ever tried with a fairly hearty whole wheat pancake). I had one, spread with a little peanut butter, yesterday for a pre-workout snack, it was delicious. (It also works well with pancakes or waffles with nuts and dried fruit). 

No comments:

Post a Comment