Sunday, September 19, 2010

Need: Monograms

One of my first ebay purchases was a copy of The Official Preppy Handbook









Lisa Birnbach recently released a new version, True Prep: It’s a Whole New Old World. I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of the book. 




Most people wouldn’t characterize me as overly preppy but I do have some prep tendencies. I wear pearls with almost every outfit, Ralph Lauren oxfords are a staple 5 months out of the year and I love monograms. Now I come by the monogram obsession naturally. My mother monograms everything and I mean everything. She once told me that if I stayed in one place too long she would monogram me, and I am pretty sure she was only half joking. As cute as monogram tattoos are, I just don’t think they are very me.



However there are lots of monogrammed items that I have and love. Sheets and towels, of course. (Pictures from Leotine Linens and Pottery Barn)


The great thing about monograms is that the styles range from modern to traditional so they fit in almost any home.

My laptop case.


My market tote for trips to the farms market, the grocery store, carrying food to picnics, or tailgating.  The W is for Wofford College.


Many many Tervis Tumblers


Several years ago I had a car monogram that looked much like this one.


Monograms are also great on clothes and jewelry. I wear a signet ring everyday. (This is a man’s ring but it has a beautiful monogram)


I love these Stephen Bonnano monogrammed sandals. 


This gold script pendant


I am really craving one of these copper pieces. My good friend Allison recently started making copper jewelry and she is fantastic. Check out some of her other work here


I have a great recipe for some almond cookies and hopefully I will whip up a batch tonight or tomorrow and I, of course, will let you know how they came out!.

MAP




No comments:

Post a Comment