Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Need: Quick and Easy Meals


School is back in full swing and I am struggling with my new schedule. Over the summer I typically got home around 5:30 or 6:00, plenty of time to plan and cook a meal. Now, I get home around 7:45 and the last thing I want to do is cook. 


My go-to meal for nights I really can’t get it together is a quick mix of whole wheat or spinach pasta topped with peas, some pecorino romano and a side salad.


This weekend was one of my last lazy weekends. Saturday involved reading Last Night at Chateau Marmont cover to cover and watching some college football, somehow in the midst of all the, uh excitement, I missed lunch. I ended up having one of my favorite easy snacks mid afternoon.


I like to cut the rind off the brie, it doesn’t melt well and the change in texture bothers me. I am picky, I know.



Tart green apples are the perfect compliment to buttery brie. Not the lightest of meals but in the grand scheme of football watching foods it is not that bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment