Saturday, October 09, 2010

Crave: Comfort Food


Sometimes you just need comfort food. It’s been a cold day, a long day, a hard day. There are plenty of reasons, and everyone’s version of comfort food differs. Here are some of my favorite comfort meals.

Long Day- Annie’s Whole Wheat Shells and White Cheddar 
            Sometimes you just need some mac and cheese. This is one of my favorite instant versions.



Cold Morning- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
            I prefer steel cut oats but I don’t always have the 45 minutes it takes to cook them or the forethought to soak them overnight. I love to chop up a tart granny smith apple, add butter and cinnamon and cook the mixture until soft. Add the apples to some old fashion oats and finish with a sprinkle of flax seeds for a health dose of omega-3s.            


Hard Day- Ham and Cheese Croissants
            Ok so they are not really croissants but crescent rolls in a roll can be mighty fine. I like to smush (yes smush) two together and stuff with sharp cheddar and honey ham. 




Cabot Seriously Sharp is where it is at.  


          
Roll then bake for (almost) instant deliciousness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment